Salt crystal is naturally hygroscopic, absorbing water molecules from the air. The heat from a small light bulb keeps these beautiful crystals dry and in turn releases negative ions (the healthy ones found in abundance in places like oceans, waterfalls, even your shower) into the air.

Hygroscopic is the ability of a chemical compound to absorb or adsorb water. Hygroscopy is the phenomenon of attracting and holding water molecules from the surrounding air.

As Often As Required. It Is Perfectly Safe And Natural For All Ages, Pregnant Women And People On Medication. It’s As Natural And Safe As Sitting On The Beach – But Better! It’s Pure Natural Himalayan Mineral Salt.

The most important benefit of negative ions is that they clear airborne allergens, such as pollen, mould spores, bacteria and viruses. Besides they also clear the air of dust, pet dander and cigarette smoke

Barring any accidents, a Himalayan salt lamp will last forever. Its crystalline form is more than 250 million years old so you can expect it to last for decades in your ownership. When your salt lamp sweats, understand that it is NOT shrinking or melting.

No, as long as you do not place them in water, over time Salt lamps will not reduce in size or lose their ionizing effect.

For a room size of 20 square meters (215 Square Foot), a lamp of about 2-3 kg, for 30 square meters (322 Square Foot) 3-4kg, 44 square meters (473 Square Foot) a lamp of about 4.5-5.5kg, for 70 square meters (753 Square Foot) 7-9 kgs to get the optimum result. You can use several small lamps or candle lights instead as long as they amount to the same respective weight.

It has also assessed that for an average bedroom, a smaller lamp like 7 inch should provide adequate coverage. For open spaces like a living room or den, you’ll want to use a larger lamp like 11 inch lamp

The more you leave your Himalayan Salt Lamp on, the greater air ionizing and purifying effect it will have. Once the Salt Lamp warms up, it provides maximum ionizing benefit. Himalayan Salt Lamps utilize a low wattage bulb and do not draw a great deal of electricity. They are generally safe to leave on at all times.

Himalayan Crystal Mineral Salt comes in many natural shades of colours. The crystal colours vary from pure white, pinks, oranges to deep reds, and sometimes a mixture of all.

WHITE Himalayan Crystal Mineral Salt; generally found in the outer parts of the salt mine. White Himalayan crystal mineral salt has low iron content in the crystal. White Himalayan Mineral Salt is not as common, so generally may be priced higher. As a Salt Lamp, white Himalayan Salt has the same healing properties; when heated. It releases negative ions that purify the surrounding air.

There is no negative impact of air, heat, and light on salts lamps but they are salt and dissolve in water.

We give our customers the same warning about the lamps that you find on a hairdryer. The lamps are electrical devices and should not be used in baths or near water. When wiping the lamp with a damp cloth, the lamp should always be unplugged first.

Since they do not generate the negative ions, they need a heat source (in this case, heat from an incandescent bulb) to accelerate evaporation, producing negative ions. An unlit salt lamp will eventually “cry,” even creating puddles of water at its base in more humid regions.

Please turn off your lamp, unplug it and allow the salt to cool down to room temperature. Then moisten a cloth or sponge, so the material is damp, but not wet. Gently wipe away debris from the surface of the crystal and pat dry with a lint-free cloth.
The Lamps come with a 15-watt bulb and from my experience with them; I have not noticed the electric bill go up, even with several of them staying lit all the time.

We do recommend leaving the lamp on as long as possible. Just like any electrical unit, leaving it unattended is not advisable.

Once a month, we recommend you unplug the lamp and wipe it down with a damp cloth. This will remove any dust or dirt. Then plug the lamp back in, and the heat will dry it off.
If you have problems with allergens and your new lamp doesn’t seem to be helping, there are a couple of reasons for which this may occur. Suppose the allergens are inside your home’s ventilation system. In that case, even a very large Himalayan pink salt lamp likely won’t be enough to counteract the constant stream of particulate flowing out of your air ducts. Consider having your air system inspected and cleaned if necessary.
If you have tried enough, we would recommend you to try Himalayan Salt Candle instead. They’re just as pretty as a lamp and boast all of the same benefits without the problems inherent to electrical components in a potentially moist environment.